Invisalign is an effective alternative to traditional metal braces for patients in Brookfield and Oak Creek W
Invisalign is a series of clear overlay templates, called aligners, which have been generated by computer simulation to gradually move teeth. This system is usually available only to more mature patients who are willing to comply with the necessary 23-hour-a-day wear time. Invisalign aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that is worn over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements Dr. Connell plans for you.
There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten—just a new set of aligners to put in approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete. You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life. Plus, most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth.
Some facts about Invisalign
- Since no two cases are the same, every patient has a custom treatment plan
- Invisalign braces are virtually invisible
- Treatment involves a set of custom braces which gradually shift your teeth over time, you receive a new set of aligners about twice a month
- Invisalign allows you eat pretty much anything you want
- Brushing and flossing is easy.
- Invisalign braces won’t irritate cheeks and gums like normal braces. Made of smooth plastic, you may not remember Invisalign is there.
- Many dental insurance plans cover Invisalign braces, and the cost is comparable
- Invisalign braces are great for people who play contact sports like hockey and football. Simply remove your aligners, put on your mouth guard and play!
- On average, Invisalign braces can treat anything normal braces can in about the same amount of time.
Invisalign is an exciting development in the dental world.
There’s finally a way to straighten teeth without the need for painful, uncomfortable metal braces. It’s more affordable than you might think, and your insurance may even cover the treatment.