When you first meet Dr. Connell, you’ll appreciate his passion for life, learning, and the arts. He is dedicated to the health and happiness of his patients. Dr Connell believes that when it comes to orthodontic care, often times, less is more. He provides kind and gentle care; simply applying modern and efficient treatment techniques
Dr. Connell is committed to lifelong learning and he has served as an adjunct associate professor at Marquette University’s highly regarded Dental School for more than 25 years.
His independent research applied laser interferometry to study the effects of maxillary expansion. Dr Connell’s recommendations are based on an understanding of the peer reviewed scientific literature and a realistic approach toward novel advances in technology. His concerns regarding overtreatment have been published in the Journal of the American Dental Association(JADA) and the American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics (AJODO). His favorite things to talk about include missing laterals, aviation, and his granddaughters Avery and Elloise.
Dr Connell received a BS from UW Madison majoring in Medical Microbiology and Immunology and then a DDS and MS from MUSOD earning a specialty certificate in Orthodontics. Dr Connell is a diplomat of the American Board of Orthodontics and a member of OKU, ADA, WDA, AAO. He also serves on the Board of the Wisconsin Society of Orthodontists.
- UW Madison BS --Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- Graduate of Marquette Dental School
- Masters- Marquette Orthodontic Program
Honors | Memberships
- Member, Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Member, Orthodontic Study Club of Wisconsin
- Member, Trinity Study Club
- WDA Wisconsin Dental Association
- ADA American Dental Association
- AAO American Association of Orthodontists
- Member, Milwaukee Study Club (the local component of the Seattle Study Club)
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics – The American Board of Orthodontics is the only certifying organization for the specialty of orthodontics that is recognized by the American Dental Association and sponsored by the American Association of Orthodontics.